Fuel for the Imagination

Happy Monday everyone! Guess what I did last week? This:

Haunted_Mansion

Anyone recognize it?

It’s the Haunted Mansion at Disney World! I thought it might be a little much for the 2 year old, but he loved it. And let me tell you, speeding past those darkened corridors, gazing upon the ghostly inhabitants, was major fuel for the imagination. I’m feeling a Gothic novel coming on. Smile

The Disney World trip was preceded by this:

55548_hig-harry-potter-0620                      Harry Potter World

Look familiar? It’s the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and man was it something to see (super crowded though). Walking down the narrow streets, passing Ollivanders and Dervish and Banges, and touring Hogwarts, I could practically imagine I was in Harry’s world.

After taking in all these amazing reminders of just how great the human imagination can be, I’m ready to get back to writing!

So tell me, what fuels your imagination? Movies? Music? Visits to foreign places?

12 thoughts on “Fuel for the Imagination

kayspringsteen said:
    April 11, 2011 at 8:36 am

Everything inspires me! Nothing is sacred, much to my family’s dismay sometimes!

April 11, 2011 at 8:40 am

Oh man, Kay. I wish I was like that! I have periods of time where I am superinspired, but most of the time I have to work for it a little. But after last week’s trip my mind is racing. 🙂

Brinda said:
    April 11, 2011 at 9:13 am

Disney is one of my favorite places! Thanks for posting these pics and I’m sure they would fuel my creative juices as well.

April 11, 2011 at 9:18 am

It’s great, Brinda. I absolutely love the Haunted Mansion; it’s my all-time favorite! Harry Potter World was also amazing but I would research to see when the least crowded time to visit is. There were way too many people for me to take it all in. I would definitely go back, though, at a less-crowded time.

Sharon Sullivan-Craver said:
    April 11, 2011 at 9:19 am

I loved the Haunted Mansion when it first opened up. We had such a blast there. These pics bring back good and funny memories of taking a 3year old and a 15 month old to Disney world in 1971. Thank you

April 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

I’m so glad it brought back some good memories, Sharon. It was priceless to see the Haunted Mansion through my son’s eyes. 🙂

Debora Dennis said:
    April 11, 2011 at 11:48 am

I think the Haunted Mansion will always be one of my favorite rides! Thanks for putting a smile on my face on a Monday! 🙂

April 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm

So glad, Debora! My fave too. 🙂

April 11, 2011 at 2:13 pm

You must have had so much fun! How exciting! I actually went to Disneyland last year for MY birthday because I love it so much!

April 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm

It is tons of fun. The lil one is already asking when we can go back!

Eleyne Presley said:
    April 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm

LOL. You probably stumbled over my daughter in Ollivanders. Her HS band was there last week too. She brought me a new wand.

While incredible architecture is inspiring, I find that most of my inspiration comes from song lyrics. Frequently, just one line suggests a story that must be explored. My idea keeper is rife with one-liners.

April 11, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I saw quite a few high school bands there, Eleyne! Maybe hers was one of them. 🙂

I too get the occasional inspiration from song lyrics, but movies and architecture do it more for me. I love places like NY and New Orleans!