My New Publishing Contract

I have some exciting news this week!

I’ve contracted with Entangled Publishing to publish my Demons of Infernum series, paranormal romance novels featuring four half-demon brothers. This series has been my baby for some time, and I’m so excited to see it go to a promising publisher like Entangled. There were a few things that factored into my decision to go with Entangled, and since I love to share (some might say overshare), I figured I’d talk about them here.

• Despite the fact that news about Entangled has only been around for a few months, it has already created quite a buzz. With names like Liz Pelletier of Savvy Authors fame, Stephanie Johnson of Clover Entertainment as the performance rights manager, Heather Howland as managing editor, Julia Bannon as publicist, and Misa Ramirez as marketing director (to name a very few of the amazing people behind this company), it’s easy to see this publisher is going places.

• Our industry is rapidly changing. No one really knows where it’s going to end up, but my gut tells me Entangled has the edge on where most publishing houses will ultimately settle. Authors will get larger royalty percentages (than NY pubs currently offer) for digital copies of their work, and print books will still be simultaneously available, but largely in a Print On Demand format.

• Last but not least, I love the editors’ vision for my series. They think my half-demon heroes are just as fun and hawt as I do, and ultimately that’s what a writer wants: a publisher who understands and supports their vision.

So how did I end up choosing Entangled? Ever hear about those authors who say an agent or editor found them through their blog or website? I have, and I always thought, “That’s crazy. What are the odds?” But lo and behold, that’s exactly how the amazing Heather Howland and I came together. I wrote a blog post about changes in the industry and how it’s up to authors to embrace it. She read it and then headed over to my Works in Progress page. Being the amazing visionary she is (*wink*), she contacted me about my Demons series. The rest, as they say, is history.

Well, that’s it for my announcement! Smile

53 thoughts on “My New Publishing Contract

kayspringsteen said:
    April 27, 2011 at 8:35 am

Congratulations! I can’t wait to read these books!

Brinda said:
    April 27, 2011 at 8:50 am

Congrats again, Rosalie. I think you are choosing wisely in your publishing journey. As for oversharing, I love all your posts!

kendallgrey said:
    April 27, 2011 at 8:58 am

Congratulations on your awesome news! Heather *is* pretty awesome (she’s editing my self-published trilogy), and the rest of the Entangled team totally rocks. Best of luck with your books. I look forward to reading. 🙂

April 27, 2011 at 10:42 am

Thanks, Kendall. Same to you! 🙂

Lara Nance said:
    April 27, 2011 at 9:01 am

Congratulations, Rosalie. I know you will do well, and you’ll be working with a great group people! Lara Nance

Katalina Leon said:
    April 27, 2011 at 9:23 am

Major congratulations Rosalie! I can’t wait to hear more!
    XXOO Kat

Nina Pierce said:
    April 27, 2011 at 9:25 am

That is so wonderful, Rosalie. I’m sure your series has found a wonderful home. Good luck with this new venture!

Kim Bowman said:
    April 27, 2011 at 9:48 am

Congrats, Rosalie! Heather sounds like a woman after my own heart and knows a good writer when she “sees” one. *wink* *wink*

April 27, 2011 at 10:43 am

Yes, I’d say she does, he-he. 🙂

Elise said:
    April 27, 2011 at 9:58 am

Congrats!Looking forward to hearing more about your publishing adventure and reading your books.:)

Laura Kaye said:
    April 27, 2011 at 10:47 am

Many congrats! Good things are happening at Entangled for sure! 🙂

April 27, 2011 at 10:55 am

Thanks Laura. It’s definitely exciting times with an exciting new publisher!

Aubrie said:
    April 27, 2011 at 11:15 am

Congrats! Can’t wait to read it. Love demons. 🙂

Rachel Firasek said:
    April 27, 2011 at 11:31 am

What a GREAT story! I’m so glad that Heather found this story because I’m dying to read it, too! Lol.

April 27, 2011 at 11:36 am

Yay! I’m glad she found it too. I LOVE the folks at Entangled and I’m super-excited about their vision for this series. 🙂

Christine Ashworth said:
    April 27, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Rosalie, that’s truly awesome about how Heather found your story! Congrats again on your contract – and you’re right, Entangled is a terrific place to be!

April 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Wow! You have lots of comments! Congrats. I’m hoping to become entangled with Entangled too! I think they have the right vision. Your series sounds like a blast!

April 27, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I agree, Julia. I love their vision!

Lisa Kessler said:
    April 27, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Congratulations Rosalie!!! 🙂

I decided to publish with Entangled too and I’ve been impressed every step of the way…

Lisa 🙂

April 27, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I have been too so far, Lisa. And congrats on your deal. 🙂

Sharon Hamilton said:
    April 27, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Love hearing how the connections are made that lead to these contracts and contacts. This is what’s so powerful about these loops.

What a stable of great names you have behind/around you. I’m very impressed. This press is new to me and sounds like great support.

I wish you luck, and I can’t wait to read it.

April 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Thanks so much, Sharon. I agree, connecting with others in the industry is invaluable. And it’s so nice to hear the support. It can be a frustrating industry, so it’s good to know that others are in the same place.

StaceyB said:
    April 27, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I said this yesterday, but congratulations! Good luck with your publisher. I have to say I’m very curious about them. Love demons. May you have many sales!

April 27, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Thanks so much, Stacey. They’ve definitely got some good stuff going on!

dawn chartier said:
    April 27, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Congrats on the contract. I think you made the right choice with Entangled. They are wonderful ladies, and I think they will do a fantastic job with your series.

alan nayes said:
    April 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm

congrats–am i the only guy commenting? when will the first in the the DEMONS series be released?

April 27, 2011 at 4:34 pm

First one so far, Alan. 🙂

The release date for DEMON BORN (title is changing, but that’s what I’m calling it for now) is August 5, 2011.

Book 2 comes out in October and Book 3 in December, so I’ve got a lot of writing/editing to do. 🙂

Marianne Stephens said:
    April 27, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Congrats and I love how this all came about…you just never know who’s reading your blogs and following you!

April 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm

So true, Marianne. It’s easy to forget that when you’re just blabbing onto your computer screen. 🙂

Steve Konkoly said:
    April 27, 2011 at 6:58 pm

That’s awesome Rosalie. Entangled looks like a unique publisher…embracing the changing landscape. If this is the future of publishers, I may have to reconsider the self-published route. Bravo!

I will also attest, that an online presence can snag the kind of attention that lead to your deal. That was exactly how I was offered a small press deal, which I sadly turned down (publisher was no where near as progressive as Entangled…yet).

April 27, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Thanks, Steve. It’s great to see there are dynamic publishers out there who are looking to embrace the changes in the industry (and still willing to offer the things that make a difference, like publicists and an aggressive marketing dept).

Steven Konkoly said:
        April 27, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I look forward to hearing more about your experience…and I’ll keep my eye out for your book in August…for my wife.

April 27, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Thanks, Steve. You can be sure I’ll be sharing my journey. 🙂

Louisa Bacio said:
    April 28, 2011 at 3:01 am

So excited to read that you’re joining Entangled. Can’t wait to read your demons! Congrats.

Alicia Coleman said:
    April 28, 2011 at 9:53 am

Congratulations!! I love your blog posts, btw.

Rosalie Lario said:
      April 28, 2011 at 11:09 am

Thanks so much, Alicia!

April 29, 2011 at 10:57 am

Major congrats, Rosalie!!!!

Heather Howland said:
    April 29, 2011 at 1:03 pm

We’re thrilled to have your series, Rosalie!

An online presence is so important for authors these days. I can’t tell you how often I check out a blog post as a reader, find myself intrigued by the author’s voice, and click over to see what they’re working on. I’m always surprised when authors insist they don’t need a website or a blog pre-publication. So. Not. True.

April 29, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Thanks Heather. 🙂

The thing I find great about blogs is that it allows you to connect with others in the industry (which, let’s face it, is crucial when you’re talking about a solitary career like writing), and it gets your name out there. We writers cannot understimate the importance of that.

April 29, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Wait…Shouldn’t I have said ‘us’ writers? Dammit. 😦

Jessica Hess said:
    May 3, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Rosalie,
    This is just absolutely fantastic.. I am so happy for you. You deserve it, and might I add a little secret you kept silent for so long!! I am anxious myself to read your series.. Best of luck to you.
    Love J 🙂

May 4, 2011 at 8:35 am

Thanks so much, Jess. Getting published is such a big dream you tend to keep it to yourself. It’s not easy, and a lot of people never accomplish what they’d like to. So I feel very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time with this fabulous publisher.