OPINIONS? by Kari Thomas

Two of my published Books have Short Sequels to them: TEMPTATION UNLEASHED and SPELL-KISSED. I had never planned on doing the Sequels but Readers kept asking and my muse wouldn’t let me ignore them. For “Temptation Unleashed” I wrote “The Christmas Chapter” (Lena and Gavin’s love story), and “Soul’s Choice” (Riana’s love story). Both are offered FREE through me or my publisher Samhain. After writing them I quickly discovered what the Readers were saying: there’s something really satisfying about knowing what happens to the other characters after a Book is finished.

With the “Spell-Kissed” Sequel I wrote the hero’s brother’s love story, titling it SLOAN’S WITCH. Readers wanted to know what happened to Sloan and witch Kassidy after Briana and Hunter had their HEA. I felt so honored and humbled at the same time to realize that the Readers like my characters enough to want MORE of them! SLOAN’S WITCH is a Special Short Paranormal Romance available for ONLY $0.99 and I hope Readers will love what “came after”.

So what do you think? Are Short Sequels a great idea for EVERY book? Would you prefer a Short HEA or a full length story?

Please visit my site for a List of my Books:  www.authorkari.com

TEMPTATION UNLEASHED
Paranormal Romance, Print and Ebook
“Something WILD this way comes…..”
FREE: “The Christmas Chapter” and “Soul’s Choice”, contact author: authorkari@yahoo.com

SPELL-KISSED

SLOAN’S WITCH is ONLY $0.99 and can be purchased at these Links:

7 thoughts on “OPINIONS? by Kari Thomas

Emily Tardy (@EmilyTardy31) said:
    December 7, 2011 at 2:12 am

I love reading, so if I had the choice I’d choose a long story and not a short one. But sometimes the other possible couple in a book only need the smallest push to get them to be together, or sometimes the series that introduce the other possible couple would be going a little too far off the current storyline by adding in another full length book. So for those times I prefer to get a quick fix, rather than it being drawn out away from where the other book(s) are going

Mary George said:
    December 7, 2011 at 8:39 am

If the short story is about two non romantic characters, then yes I like a short story. Maybe the story on why character A & B bristle when they see one another. Or why so and so left the clan or family. Learning these things makes it juicer to read the full story because your loyalty is torn between what you know about each person.

Nice post.
    Mary George w/a Cora Blu

Molly Daniels said:
    December 7, 2011 at 11:25 am

I LOVE sequels:) Especially when the characters are ‘close’…I always wonder what happens after the book ends, and to see what happens next for the main characters:) Did they have kids….wonderful honeymoon, etc.

Katalina Leon said:
    December 7, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I love sequels to a favorite story. Some stories just beg for a good sequel.
    XXOO Kat
    PS why does my avatar look like a one eyed torch lamp? lol

jovialvampyre said:
    December 7, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I like both long and short sequels. Short ones only work for me if they don’t feel rushed. Sometimes it just feels like so much has been left out of the story.
    vsloboda(at)gmail(dot)com

Janice Seagraves said:
    December 8, 2011 at 5:25 pm

If I fall in love with the characters of a book, I do want to know if there’s more. Another story that shows what happened after the book was wrote is great! Long or short. Some stories just demanded to be written. But a short story is great too.

Mary Roya said:
    December 9, 2011 at 11:07 am

Yes, I love short sequels or novella stories of my favorite characters.