Today I have a fabulous guest poster stopping by. Aubrie Dionne is the author of the New Dawn space opera series, and the third book, Haven 6, releases today! Please read on for a blurb and a giveaway!!
This is the first large series I’ve ever written in my life. It spans one novella and three books: about 300,000 words. Below are some of the intense emotions that I’ve had here at the end:
1. Joy – I’m so excited it’s done and I have three beautiful books to hold in my hands.
2. Disbelief- I can’t believe I did it. I finished something completely and whole heartedly.
3. Relief- Thank goodness it’s done! When I first set out, I wasn’t sure I could do something like this. The whole thing was a giant bluff. But, I kept to my word goals, met my deadlines and turned everything in on time.
4. Melancholy- I can’t believe it’s over! I love the world I’ve created so much I don’t want to leave it. I can think of more ideas, more stories to write!
5. Excitement- I want to start something new. Maybe go back to fantasy, or try my hand at contemporary romance. I’ve had enough of this space opera stuff for a while. At least.
6. Anticipation-What will the world think? Which book will be their favorite? Will they see how the storylines converge? Did I tie it in enough?
Will I write another space opera series? Maybe someday. Not this year.
Will I ever try to write something else on such a large scale again? You bet!
Did I grow as a writer from this process. Most definitely.
I suggest every writer out there try their hand at a series at least once!
A New Dawn Novel, Book Three
Available soon on Amazon
Available Soon on Barnes and Noble:
Aubrie grew up watching the original Star Wars movies over and over again until she could recite and reenact every single scene in her backyard. She also loved The Goonies, Star Trek the Next Generation-favorite character was Data by far-, and Indiana Jones. But, her all time favorite movie was The Last Unicorn. She still wonders why the unicorn decided to change back to a unicorn in the end.Aubrie wrote in her junior high yearbook that she wanted to be “A concert flutist” when she grew up. When she made that happen, she decided one career was not enough and embarked as a fantasy, sci fi author. Two careers seems to keep her busy. For now.Aubrie Dionne is an author and flutist in New England. Her writings have appeared in Mindflights, Niteblade, Silver Blade, Emerald Tales, Hazard Cat, Moon Drenched Fables, A Fly in Amber, and Aurora Wolf. Her books are published by Entangled Publishing, Lyrical Press, and Gypsy Shadow Publishing. She recently signed her YA sci fi novel with Inkspell Publishing titled: Colonization: Paradise Reclaimed, which will release in November 2012. When she’s not writing, Aubrie teaches flute and plays in orchestras. She’s a big Star Trek TNG fan, as well as Star Wars and Serenity.